|—||The people of New England must be damning Windsor for securing them faster internet, interest rates lower than they ever were in the Howard years and a carbon price which will bring money to energy sources that won’t poison their water and land like CSG.|
Miranda’s bulked up her claims about the Greens being doomed and their destructiveness to the country. Let me count the ways her claims are bullshit:
“With a desperate Labor minority government belatedly turning on its Greens partners, and the Greens vote going backwards in state elections, Brown, 67, had passed the zenith of his career.”
- “Greens upper house MP David Shoebridge tried to put a positive spin on the result, saying: ”The NSW Greens have grown our vote in the Lower House and Upper House. That is an historic outcome for the Greens.” The Greens increased their vote in the Legislative Assembly from 9% in 2007 to just under 11% this year.”
- “Here is how The Greens fared in the 2010 Victorian election, our most successful state election.1) Our Upper House result is the highest ever achieved by The Greens in a state election on the mainland. 2) The Greens vote rose by 1.2% in the Lower House (to 11.2%) and around 1.6% in the Upper House (to 12.1%) compared to 2006.”
“Good luck with that, considering greenies are the chief cause of grief to the bush. Let us count the ways. Forestry towns destroyed by irrational green tree worship. Uncontrollable bushfires caused, not by global warming, but by green opposition to hazard reduction. National parks left to feral animals which rampage though neighbouring farms. Dams never built thanks to greenie protests. Wind turbines plonked all over bucolic hillsides. A live cattle industry brought to its knees. The Wild Rivers assault on the ability of entrepreneurial Cape York Aborigines to earn a living from their land. Dangerous highways which kill country people in disproportionate numbers, because green tape blocks road upgrades.”
1. Greens don’t worship plantation trees
2. The Greens support hazard reduction
3. These feral animals would be stripping their own habitat too if this were the case
4. Is Barry not building a second airport because of greenie protests too?
5. “Bucolic hillsides” = good, native forests = let her rip?
6. The live cattle industry which is making record profits?
7. ”The legislation means that destructive development such as dams, intensive irrigation and strip mining is kept out of declared pristine rivers. However, Wild River laws support cultural practices and smaller-scale uses such as eco-tourism infrastructure, cattle grazing and fishing. Native title rights are explicitly protected, and Wild River declarations make special water reserves specifically for indigenous economic development.”
8. Are the shootings in Western Sydney green tape too? The Star Casino shenanigans … green tape?
“The irony is that coal seam gas exploration has boomed because of the Greens. All that fracking in farmland is driven by their demands for “clean” energy to replace coal. The switch from coal to gas is embedded in the carbon tax package negotiated by Milne and Brown, regardless of their claims to be anti-gas now.”
The Greens have been the only party fighting to end csg exploration because they want us to use it?
|—||I can’t think of one reason why the Greens are causing rural people grief but I can think of some Green backed policies that could impact rural people;an NBN that will open up education possibilities for the isolated, ending CSG companies not needing farmer permission to poison the water/ earth on their land and restrictions on the supermarket duopoly to stop farmers getting screwed.|