|—||As bad as Miranda thinks Germaine is; I don’t think Germaine’s ever used someone’s infertility as a weapon against them.|
Usually Miranda has some posts posted on Saturday night ready for Sunday morning reading but today the post topping her blog is still the post posted on Tuesday about police taser use. I’m imagining Miranda poised over her laptop motionless because she is lost on how to respond to either or both of these issues:
- October 2nd 2011: Miranda responds to Susan Mitchell’s Tony Abbott A Man’s Man: “Seriously. Anyone who knows Abbott knows he is far from a misogynist. A loving husband and father of three girls, he has two sisters, and a mother who love him, and women in key roles in his office”.
- March 20th 2012: Miranda calls Germaine Greers “big arse” comments “the most pathetic criticism”, “gratuitous meanness” and “Because of her status as a feminist icon, Greer has legitimised every misogynist to attack Gillard’s appearance”.
- This week: “WOMAN AT COMMUNITY MEETING: “Get some of those jackets off her.” TONY ABBOTT: I know, I know, I know. Germaine Greer was right on that subject”.
- November 9th 2011: Miranda writes of the News of the World phone-hacking scandal, “While no one denies how despicable were the practices uncovered there, they are a Fleet Street disease”.
- This week: “A secret unit within Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation promoted a wave of high-tech piracy in Australia that damaged Austar, Optus and Foxtel at a time when News was moving to take control of the Australian pay TV industry, a four-year investigation by The Australian Financial Review has revealed”.