"Support for Tony Abbott’s proposal increased with age, with 63% of those aged 65+, compared to 36% of those aged 18-24 supporting the proposal to overturn the carbon pricing scheme.”
Canberra and rerouting passengers back to their destination cities
because planes no longer carry enough fuel to circle the airport, we
need an alternative to air travel. It’s about time governments—federal and state—made serious plans for a fast rail network linking Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne. Excuses that it’s too expensive don’t wash with taxpayers who have seen billions squandered on political follies. What kind of a tinpot country has no decent rail service linking its
capital and major cities?
Danger danger Miranda; that’s a Greens policy:
"The production of woodchips for pulp and paper is the largest driver of forest destruction in Australia and Australian Paper, maker of Reflex, is the largest domestic purchaser of pulplogs from Victoria’s native forests. Viable alternatives exist. Australia currently has a vast amount of plantation wood available so there is no excuse for Reflex to be produced from the destruction of our native forests. Logging native forests damages crucial wildlife habitat, damages water catchments and releases huge amounts of carbon into the atmosphere - globally, ‘logging and land-use changes’ account for approx 20% of all greenhouse gas emissions. Furthermore, most forestry jobs are in the plantation sector but state governments use our taxpayer dollars to sell native forests at artificially low prices, undermining the plantation sector and putting plantation jobs at risk.”
She is not happy that the government has shirked its “leadership role to go out and explain” its policies and she knows exactly whose fault that is. “Tragically, I blame the Murdoch press. There has been a concerted campaign by the climate sceptics on behalf of the coal sector.” Yeah yeah, sure. When you can’t answer your critics, demonise them, and invent suspect sources of income. Rule No.1 of the Greens handbook. But you don’t have to silence dissent if you are telling the truth.
"the pinched-face moralists lecturing the rest of us on our sins, forcing their god (Gaia) down our throats" you say?:
"SUPPORT for voluntary euthanasia is on the increase in Australia, with a new survey showing 85 per cent of the country is in favour of it."
"A Galaxy Research poll, released today by Australian Marriage Equality, found 76 per of Coalition voters back a conscience vote."
"The breakthrough came after the Greens agreed yesterday to drop their demand for changes to the Medicare levy surcharge in return for a government undertaking to boost funding by $165 million over three years for dental services for those on low incomes."
|—||How do they expect to become a minor party polling above 10% with loony ideas like those?|
Miranda’s bulked up her claims about the Greens being doomed and their destructiveness to the country. Let me count the ways her claims are bullshit:
"With a desperate Labor minority government belatedly turning on its Greens partners, and the Greens vote going backwards in state elections, Brown, 67, had passed the zenith of his career."
- "Greens upper house MP David Shoebridge tried to put a positive spin on the result, saying: ”The NSW Greens have grown our vote in the Lower House and Upper House. That is an historic outcome for the Greens.” The Greens increased their vote in the Legislative Assembly from 9% in 2007 to just under 11% this year."
- "Here is how The Greens fared in the 2010 Victorian election, our most successful state election.1) Our Upper House result is the highest ever achieved by The Greens in a state election on the mainland. 2) The Greens vote rose by 1.2% in the Lower House (to 11.2%) and around 1.6% in the Upper House (to 12.1%) compared to 2006.”
"Good luck with that, considering greenies are the chief cause of grief to the bush. Let us count the ways. Forestry towns destroyed by irrational green tree worship. Uncontrollable bushfires caused, not by global warming, but by green opposition to hazard reduction. National parks left to feral animals which rampage though neighbouring farms. Dams never built thanks to greenie protests. Wind turbines plonked all over bucolic hillsides. A live cattle industry brought to its knees. The Wild Rivers assault on the ability of entrepreneurial Cape York Aborigines to earn a living from their land. Dangerous highways which kill country people in disproportionate numbers, because green tape blocks road upgrades.”
1. Greens don’t worship plantation trees
2. The Greens support hazard reduction
3. These feral animals would be stripping their own habitat too if this were the case
4. Is Barry not building a second airport because of greenie protests too?
5. “Bucolic hillsides” = good, native forests = let her rip?
6. The live cattle industry which is making record profits?
7. ”The legislation means that destructive development such as dams, intensive irrigation and strip mining is kept out of declared pristine rivers. However, Wild River laws support cultural practices and smaller-scale uses such as eco-tourism infrastructure, cattle grazing and fishing. Native title rights are explicitly protected, and Wild River declarations make special water reserves specifically for indigenous economic development.”
8. Are the shootings in Western Sydney green tape too? The Star Casino shenanigans … green tape?
"The irony is that coal seam gas exploration has boomed because of the Greens. All that fracking in farmland is driven by their demands for “clean” energy to replace coal. The switch from coal to gas is embedded in the carbon tax package negotiated by Milne and Brown, regardless of their claims to be anti-gas now.”
The Greens have been the only party fighting to end csg exploration because they want us to use it?
|—||Oxford Dictionairy defines a “lie” as: “a statement made by somebody knowing that it is not true”. How could Gillard have known that she would end up leading a minority government and would have to agree to a carbon price to form that government?|